Format of classes in the second semester of the 2020-2021 academic year
According to the IEC academic calendar, all classes begin on January 25, 2021!
The 1st year students of the bachelor begin classes in a blended format of training (lecture and TUTORIAL – online, seminars, laboratory and practical training applied in public format in compliance with the sanitary regime and social distance of 2 meters).
Students of other courses of all levels of study start classes in a mixed format according to the established schedule (please read in your personal account on the IEC educational portal).
You can see the list of accommodation of students studying in the House of Students on the IEC website (https://mok.kz/ in the "Students" section). For students living in the house, it is necessary to have a laptop or computer to ensure the educational process.
For nonresident students, the format of accommodation in hostels in Almaty will be offered (information can be obtained in your personal account on the IEC educational portal or in the dean's office):
- All buildings and houses of students are equipped with non-contact thermometers, sanitizers with antiseptic and disinfecting tunnels
- In all buildings of the IEC, medical points are functioning in an enhanced mode
- In all classrooms, restrictive markings are applied to maintain the distance between students
- Classrooms for seminars, laboratory and practical classes are designed for occupancy of no more than 40%, taking into account social distancing – 5 sq. m. for 1 person
- Regular treatment with disinfectants and quartz treatment of the classrooms of the IEC buildings and students' homes is planned
- Wearing masks in the buildings of the IEC and the House of students is mandatory for everyone!
- In case of refusal to wear a mask or its absence, the student, employee or teacher of the IEC will not be allowed in the building, in the classroom or in the House of students!