Main research areas of FСTIM:
- development of highly functional concrete based on local raw materials;
- modified concrete and dry building mixes using man-made raw materials;
- thermal insulation materials based on natural fibers;
- effective import-substituting materials;
- development and research of properties of porous ceramics;
- development of technology for obtaining eco-building materials from waste wood processing and agriculture;
- highly filled anti-corrosion protective coatings;
- development of a method for obtaining road surfaces based on oil production waste;
- geodesic monitoring at the Almaty geodynamic polygon;
- application of remote sensing for monitoring of objects on the earth's surface;
- study the security conditions of technogenic and natural character in a variety of industries;
- improving the method of creating and preparing a digital terrain model for the construction of linear structures.
- competitiveness of the construction industry in the context of globalization;
- lean management in the production of building materials.
The results of the International professional competition «НОПРИЗ»
On November 22, 2019 in the building of the Russian Academy of arts (Moscow), a solemn award ceremony was held for the winners of the International professional competition of the National Association of surveyors and designers (NOPRIZ) for the best project of 2019. Personal participation in the ceremony was taken by the President of NOPRIZ Mikhail Posokhin and the President of the Russian Academy of arts Zurab Tsereteli. Serikov Aidarkhan, a master's degree of our faculty, was awarded the nomination «Best concept of an unrealized project». The scientific Director of the project is the Dean of FCTIM Estemesova Aksaya Sansyzbaevna.
Obtaining the PhD degree of the teacher of FCTIM
February 27, 2020 teacher FCTIM Orynbasarova Elmira Orynbasarovna received a PhD at Satbayev University.
The development of international relations of the Federal Institute for the Technical Information and the Astrakhan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
On the initiative of the Department of Geodesy and Cadastral Accounting of the Astrakhan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering was invited PhD., assoc. Professor of the Faculty of Building Technologies, Infrastructure and Management Kuznetsova Irina Anatolyevna.
In the period from 03.02.2020 to 20.02.2020, practical classes and lectures on the discipline "Geodesy" were held for students of 1 and 2 courses of the specialty "Applied Geodesy" the Astrakhan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering.
As a result of the work done, a cooperation agreement was signed between the IEC and the Astrakhan State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering. The university leadership prepared letters of appreciation to the President of the IEC, A. Kusainov, and the IEC Rector, E. Besimbayev. and assoc. professor Kuznetsova I.A.