The main tasks of educational and methodological work are: improving the organization of the educational process, its intensification, increasing the effectiveness of training professional, competitive specialists.
Functions of the faculty's methodological Council:
- Analysis and generalization of the teaching experience of leading faculty teachers, development of recommendations for the introduction of new teaching technologies, improvement of methods for conducting all types of training sessions, the use of computer technology and other technical training tools, analysis of their effectiveness;
- Organization of mutual visits of training sessions by teachers in order to improve teaching methods;
- Discussion and recommendations on publishing educational and methodological literature, materials for organizing independent work of students, active handouts of the training course;
- Control over the preparation and approval of the working program of the course, active handouts, maps of methodological support for literature, and other;
- Interaction with the Methodological Council of the University.
Since 1960, well-known domestic and foreign teachers and scientists have collaborated with the faculty on scientific and methodological work and delivered lectures: doctor of technical Sciences, Professor. Gvozdev A. A.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Krylov S. M.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Barashikov A. Ya.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Baikov V. N.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Popov N. N.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Korf M.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Danilov N. N.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Zubkov V. I.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof. Meneyluk V. I.; doctor of technical Sciences prof. Zhunusov T. Zh., Ph. D. Prof. Volkov D. P., Abakan T.D., Bespaev A.A., Bainatov J. B. and others.
At various times, faculty members maintained close scientific relations with leading scientists: V. T. Demin, Ph. D., Professor of the Department of theoretical mechanics of Moscow state University; and V. T. Demin, Ph. D., Professor, head of the Department. Department of structural mechanics MISI Leontiev N. N.; doctor of technical Sciences, prof., head. Department of construction mechanics MnPTI Rozin L. A.; corresponding member. As of the Kazakh SSR, Ph. D., Professor, head of the Department. Department of theoretical mechanics of KazGU Sapa V. A. and others.
Educational and methodological work of the teaching staff:
- Participation in the work of UMS MES RK (educational and methodological section of the Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan) on improving the model of higher and postgraduate education, teaching methods, educational and methodological provision of educational programs, practical orientation;
- Development and publication of textbooks and manuals recommended by the Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Development of methodological support for practices, course and diploma design;
- Development of materials for current, intermediate and final control of students ' knowledge assessment;
- Providing disciplines with modern educational and methodological publications, normative documents, electronic textbooks, etc .